1. Biden | Harris Tax Proposal Could Cut Poverty In Half – Making section 8 housing vouchers available to all, an increased child tax credit, and additional tax credits for low-income households “would have lowered the poverty rate from 12.7 percent to 6.5 percent if they had been adopted in 2018…That’s 20.2 million fewer people living in poverty.”
2. Useful Hacks – “You can’t produce a baby in one month by getting nine women pregnant. It just doesn’t work that way.” – Warren Buffett
3. Jurassic Park Got Everything Wrong About the Dilophosaurus – “Rather than a small dinosaur that relied on gimmicks such as venom and a neck frill to subdue its prey, Dilophosaurus was a powerful predator and one of the largest land animals in North America when it lived during the early Jurassic period, which lasted from about 201 to 174 million years ago.”
4. China Insists Genghis Khan Exhibit Not Use the Words “Genghis Khan” – A French museum has postponed its exhibition on the great Mongol emperor after the Chinese government’s criticism.
5. Why Facebook Can’t Fix Itself – “At the time, Facebook had fewer than forty-five hundred content moderators. Now there are some fifteen thousand, most of whom are contract workers in cities around the world (Dublin, Austin, Berlin, Manila). They often work at odd hours, to account for time-zone differences, absorbing whatever pops up on their screens: threats, graphic violence, child pornography, and every other genre of online iniquity. The work can be harrowing. ‘You’re sleep-deprived, your subconscious is completely open, and you’re pouring in the most psychologically radioactive content you can imagine,’ Martin Holzmeister, a Brazilian art director who worked as a moderator in Barcelona, told me. ‘In Chernobyl, they knew, you can run in for two minutes, grab something, and run back out, and it won’t kill you. With this stuff, nobody knows how much anyone can take.’”