1. How Nikola Lied Their Way Into a $20 Billion Company – The latest quarterly financials: revenue of $36,000 and a net income of -$86 million. Built on a house of cards.
2. The Best Jokes in the Whole of The Simpsons – “I may or may not die young. I haven’t decided.”
3. One City. Two Neighborhoods. – “Streeterville is a neighborhood of mostly white, affluent, college-educated families living in townhomes and high-rise condominiums along the shore of Lake Michigan. A baby born there in 2015 could expect to live to 90. In nearby Englewood, a poor, predominantly Black neighborhood of low-rise apartments in the shadow of Interstate 94, a baby born in 2015 could not expect to reach 60.
4. The World’s 10 Best Ghost Towns – “Visitors are drawn to broken cities and toppled monuments in search of reminders of our own hubris and of the power of time.”
5. Sex and Eating Are “Divine”, Pope Francis – Walking back previous church declarations and affirming that “overzealous morality” is a “wrong interpretation of the Christian message.” Pope Francis has said there are much bigger issues to pray and be worried about, “climate change, deforestation, and unsustainable consumption.”