1. Racial Inequality of Covid – Worth reading and clicking through the map. Utah is an especially interesting case.
2. What Are Art Galleries For? – “There’s no reason why the art gallery as we know it, a 19th century invention, should last forever. But there’s also no sign of an alternative on the horizon.”
3. Amazon’s Internal Injury Reports – That 2-day free shipping? Not so free after all. “The clock was always ticking on Amazon’s promised delivery time. Dixon had to scan a new item every 11 seconds to hit her quota, she said, and Amazon always knew when she didn’t.”
4. The Nationalist’s Delusion – “These supporters will not change their minds, because this is what they always wanted: a president who embodies the rage they feel toward those they hate and fear, while reassuring them that that rage is nothing to be ashamed of.”
5. The Creator of NBA Jam Admits the Pistons are a Cheat – Most overrated player in the 80s and 90s? Isiah Thomas, hands down. Unless you’re playing Jam, apparently.