1. Everyone Loves to Hate Modern Monetary Theory – Marxists, Austrians, Keynesians, and Post-Keynesians, never agree on anything…until now. For more info on MMT, – a new book The Deficit Myth gives a great overview of the latest controversy in the economics realm.
2. Better Alarms and Less Cash at Home Bring Hard Times for Burglars – Burglary rate is just 1/5 of what it was in the 80s…now with everyone staying at home all the time, can burglars file for a PPP or unemployment?
3. The 53 Countries That Support China’s Hong Kong Policy – We wrote the other day on the latest China atrocities in the east and west of their borders. The news cycle moved on, but Hong Kong is still reeling. Look at the list of countries that support China…the vast majority are reviving Belt & Road Initiative money and extremely indebted to Xi. You won’t find the U.S. listed on either side because we withdrew from the UN’s Human Rights Council in 2018.
4. Being Killed By Police is a Leading Cause of Death for Young Black Men in America – “That 1-in-1,000 number struck us as quite high,” said study leader Frank Edwards, a sociologist at Rutgers University. “That’s better odds of being killed by police than you have of winning a lot of scratch-off lottery games.”
5. View Yale’s Online MFA Art Show – Art students around the country are facing a difficult graduation as the highlight of their careers so far – the MFA shows – were cancelled. Now able to reach a wider audience, this show is worth your time to click through.