1. Underlying Conditions – Whether you agree with the article’s premise, it’s clear that the country has serious problems that need attention. “We can learn from these dreadful days that stupidity and injustice are lethal.”
2. How did Covid and Stabilization Policies Affect Spending and Employment? – Raj Chetty’s latest project and (data dashboard!) show that business revenue in affluent areas of the country decreased by 70%, leading to 70% of low-wage workers losing jobs in those areas. PPP and stimulus checks did not boost spending as the consumer savings rate increased instead. The only way to boost consumer confidence is a containment of the virus and putting the 25+ million people back to work.
3. LDS Apostle Claims Pandemic is Wake-Up Call About Fragility of Religious Freedom – Presented without comment: “While believers and their religious organizations must be good citizens in a time of crisis, we cannot allow government officials to treat the exercise of religion as simply “nonessential”.
4. The Glove Kingdom Is Minting New Billionaires – Someone has to be profiting off the incredible increase of PPE, right?
5. A Guy Named Craig May Soon Control a Large Swath of Utah – A crazy story about federal land regulations and how easy it is for oil, gas, and mining companies to control huge areas of land for pennies.