1. McDonald’s Workers in Denmark Pity Us – “Starting pay at McDonald’s in Denmark is about $22 an hour…workers in Denmark get six weeks of paid vacation a year, life insurance, a year’s paid maternity leave and a pension plan. And like all Danes, they enjoy universal medical insurance and paid sick leave….Danes pay an extra 19 cents of every dollar in taxes, compared with Americans, but for that they get free health care, free education from kindergarten through college, subsidized high-quality preschool, a very strong social safety net and very low levels of poverty, homelessness, crime and inequality. On average, Danes live two years longer than Americans.
2. The Death of Expertise – What happens in a world where we don’t listen to experts?
3. Kurt Vonnegut on How to Write a Short Story – Highly recommend. We can all use more Vonnegut.
4. Murder Hornets – 2020 says, why not?
5. A Jew Walks Into a Bar – An Orthodox Jew balances his love of stand up with trying to stay abide by his religious beliefs.